Friday, March 19, 2010

It's Ok, I'm an M-Man

sickness what a lovely time to be deformed
and a whole new world out there to explore
birth of a new flower I walk by my side
trying to match eachother stride for stride

While all contagious pathogens fail
to kill my spirits I still get up
every morning and put on my torn jeans
I step outside into the sun

Born again from the fires of putrifaction
like a wailing corpse in the moonlit streets
looking for a dream to chase
though maybe I'm a masochist

waking up each morning
with a new pill in my hand
is this just auditory hallucinations
because my life is rather bland

but the sparks ignite the underbrush
and the trees go up in flame
a controlled burn is just what we need
to release the mind from itself

stained windows
glare at me from across the way
the donning of the mantle
to start another day

with a little help from my friend's
I will climb the ladder unto Olympus
bring an end to the wrath of the gods
and have forgiveness once again

No comments:

Post a Comment