Friday, February 19, 2010

The Girl with No Name

I don't remember your name
what time it was or where the blood was coming from
but when the band turned on their amps
and their guitars started screaming
I couldn't remember your name

Our fists hit the air
like Mjolnir struck earth
and your witty verbose were to complex to follow
in that drunken haze
those dingey funhouse days

I could not keep up with you
referencing movies I had not seen
feeling in that moment appreciated yet
dumbfounded
I almost went with you
And today I still don't know your name

Should've gotten in that van
remembering failed romance
Woke up without a clue
And I don't remember you at all

Nothing like a drunken baffoon
trying to keep up
unable to match your caliber
And I could only try to explain Superjail

No comments:

Post a Comment