Friday, April 2, 2010

Broken

I figure I must be broken
my will to destroy myself is gone
is this what happiness is?
satisfaction with myself
and a healthy mind

have I been alerted to a higher calling
my sleep deprevation allowing me to think clearly
my own smug self worth letting me be satisfied with sobriety
Is my life so good that another bottle of whiskey won't make it better
why

where did all the bad dreams go
the liquor once like drain-o
for my misery clogged mind
a sink full of dirty wishes

I could climb forever and never reach the top
but now that I'm looking down I wonder why I never stopped
was I really happy hoping for a better tomorrow
and now that it's here what is there left for me here?

Must I sacrifice my love of the drink for bliss
if so I gladly cast thee aside
who knew that my crutch was keeping me crippled for so long
I knew, but still I felt it did no wrong
I knew, but I hoped I was lying again

No comments:

Post a Comment